- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, Micromax FunBook, HCL ME U1 and HCL MyEdu Launched In Quick Succession
- Google planning to sell Android Tablets – Alarming news for Apple iPad and Amazon Kindle Fire
- Apple Inc – Now Worth More Than A Nation
- Apache celebrates 17th anniversary with Apache HTTP Server 2.4 release
- Samsung Mobile is 2011′s Top Brand in Social Media in India
- Barclays Pingit : Transfer Money Mobile Phone to Mobile Phone
- Save extra tax with New Payment Scheme (NPS)
- Google’s First Hire Departing to Join Khan Academy
- Apple Files Patent Application To Understand Your Voice
- PayPal co-founder Max Levchin leaving Google
Microsoft launches Outlook.com to replace hotmail
Microsoft has launched outlook.com today and it seems they are going to replace hotmail with this. Gmail has been really dominant in email domain and hotmail has been on sideline for quite some time now. Outlook.com has very sleek looks and features are really promising. User experience is much better than hotmail.
I opened my windows live mail account after a long time today after hearing about launch of outlook.com. Login page is quite similar as to older Microsoft services though they have been consistent with their blue colour scheme which matches the basic theme of their operating system. Microsoft sent a notification email to all their current users about launch of outlook.com.
I have been a regular user of Gmail and I am quite addicted to it when it comes to personal email. I have customized my Gmail user experience according to my likes so selecting outlook.com mail ahead of Gmail might not be possible for me but it is worth giving a try. I tried drafting a new mail but somehow I did not like the left side address and right side mail body option as shown in the screenshot below.
Microsoft and Google‘s rivalry is quite famous. Browser War have been going on for a long time now. Last month Google launched Google Nexus tablet against Microsoft Surface. They have also launched ChromeBooks officially in Google IO event which was an unofficial announcement that Google is going to compete with Microsoft and Apple in Operating System domain too. So outlook.com seems to be Microsoft’s answer to Google in the webmail domain where Google is king as of now with Gmail.
Microsoft Outlook email client has been one of the most successful products for Microsoft and is widely used across corporate houses as official email client. Microsoft must be hoping the similar success in webmail services with outlook.com. As a first glance I will say that outlook.com shows potential and hotmail users are going to love it but bigger question is will it be able to pull other mail users to Microsoft platform?